John Cooper is an experienced Executive Coach for top leaders, executives and mid-level managers with a strong Organization Development background in areas including Team Effectiveness, Strategy, Organizational Design, and Work Process Improvement. He is also adjunct faculty at Northwestern University teaching Leadership and Strategic Thinking.
John has over thirty years combined coaching, consulting and business experience, including ten years as a sales/operations leader in Financial Services. He understands the day to day demands of an organizational leader who manages people. With a strong background in Organizational Development, John is able to help a leader develop in the context of broader organizational issues, including strategy, culture, team environment, and structure. He has coached hundreds of leaders over the past eighteen years forming close trusting relationships with his clients.
Past clients include: BP Pipelines, Baxter Healthcare, Alcan Packaging, RR Donnelly, Ingredion, Northwest Community Hospital, Elmhurst Hospital, Smurfit- Stone Corporation, Sears, Motorola, RR Donnelley, McGaw YMCA, Chicago School District, DeVry University, Yaskawa Electric America, and Montgomery Watson Harza.
John has served as President of the Organization Development Network of Chicago and on the Board of Directors of the Human Resources Management Association of Chicago.
- Executive Coaching - Leadership Development
- Team Effectiveness, Team Development, Leader-Team Alignment,
- Organization Change, Effectiveness, Strategy, Design, Engagement
- Customized Leadership Training
- Teaching Leadership and Strategic Thinking at Northwestern University
has also served as adjunct faculty at
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
and Lake Forest Graduate School of Business
EDUCATION - TOOLS - CERTIFICATIONS
- Masters Degree in Organizational Development - Aurora University
(George Williams College)
- Graduate of International Gestalt Coaching Program
- Professional Certified Coach - International Coaching Federation
- Center for Creative Leadership certification Benchmarks 360
- Hay Group Climate Improvement and Leadership Styles Inventory
- Senior Teacher – Psychology of Selves
- Hogan Leadership Series
- Lominger Leadership Architect and Voices
- PDI PROFILOR
- DiSC and Social Styles
"I see each of my clients as unique. Every situation requires that I work together with my client to discover the right solution. As a result, I customize my use of tools and techniques to fit particular business and people needs. While I bring a good amount of expertise to the table, I use a facilitative style to ensure that my clients strengthen their own capabilities to sustain improvement after our engagement ."
- John Cooper